601 WEST 26TH STREET SUITE M272 NYC 10001 TEL: 212 645 6168 FAX: 646 349 4323
Bidding for Attention
Devotees of the Rago Arts and Auction Center in New Jersey headed to Steven Sclaroff's New York furniture gallery to toast the designers responsible for "Modern Masters," an exhibit of vignettes incorporating items from the 20th-century sale at the Sollo Rago Modern Auctions annex. Besides Sclaroff, the participants were Alexander Gorlin, Amy Lau, Interior Design Hall of Fame member Juan Montoya, Matthew Patrick Smyth, and Alison Spear with Marian McEvoy.
1. Fin Juhl and Niels Vodder's Chieftain chair in teak and leather, on the block at Sollo Rago Modern Auctions.
2. Designer Amy Lau with Rago Arts and Auction Center partner John Sollo.
3. Suzanne Perrault and David Rago, partners of the Rago Arts and Auction Center.
4. The host, designer and gallery owner Steven Sclaroff.
5. Architect Alexander Gorlin's vignette at Sollo Rago.
6. The nearby vignette by designer Alison Spear and her new business partner, longtime editor Marian McEvoy.
7. Sajedesign creative director Jane Wagman and Nanz Custom Hardware owner Carl Sorenson.
8. Interior Design Hall of Fame member Melvin Dwork.